The Goring Gap Business Network is a supportive networking community of local businesses in the Goring Gap area – we cover Goring, Streatley, Moulsford, South Stoke, Lower Basildon, Upper Basildon, Crays Pond, and Pangbourne.
If you’re a business in the Goring Gap, whether you have a premise or simply work from home then the network is worth joining. We meet in an array of interesting, local places eg. Pierreponts, Virgo Beauty, The Swan Hotel.
- It’s a great place to meet with other businesses in the area to exchange ideas, seek support and build your network of contacts
- It’s a place to do business – of course, you won’t sell to everyone in the room, but we do have members who’ve made sales after attending just one meeting of the network
- Our formal networking sessions provide an opportunity to get to know more about each other’s businesses and how we can help one another
- It’s not just about the members in the room either, we all have a network and can often help one another with connections to others we know
- It’s a chance to support other local businesses
- It’s a place to get advice on business issues that face us all: recruitment, marketing, innovation, the list goes on
- For some it’s simply a social thing – a chance to catch up with colleagues and friends in the business community - we have fun doing activities ranging from drumming to creative ceramic painting to BBQs
- We support a number of local events e.g. organising the street party for the Jubilee celebrations, and providing the Christmas Tree each year in the village along with a small lights turning on ceremony
- We are linked with the businesses in Belleme, Goring and Streatley’s twin village in France and there are opportunities for exchange of business ideas, skills and products / services
- We act as a conduit between local business and local authorities: we have represented business interests to the parish councils and SODC, and have had our MP down to talk about business issues.
It’s great value: £30 for a year’s membership for all this!
If you want to join, come along to a meeting and talk to us. The network meets every other month – see here for future meetings.
There is an active committee that takes on the organisation each event. If you have a premise and would like to host an event then you can discuss this with the committee. Want to be more involved - talk to us about joining the committee.